WARNING: Blocking entire IP addresses after a single click is extremely dangerous and not recommended unless the system has identified obvious fraud. Lunio does not and will not offer a "toggle on" for such blocking as it will impact legitimate conversions. This is particularly important on mobile/cellular networks, where a single IP block could result in 1,000+ blocked users in the same local area.
In some industries, it can make sense to only show your ads to someone once, as they aren't going to be shopping around. Examples of such industries would be:
- Home services/repairs
- Emergency call-outs
However, blocking the IPs after a single click is exceptionally dangerous and not something you should ever do. This is because dynamic IPs & mobile/cellular IPs can have many users behind a single IP address in the same local area (sometimes upwards of 1,000 users). That means if one of those 1,000 people clicked your ad, the other 999 would immediately be blocked from ever seeing it - and they are also in your target area.
Instead, you should always use something called RLSA (Remarketing List for Search Ads) within Google Ads. Follow the guide below to set this up:
Stop showing ads to anyone who clicked your ad once:
Note: You must have the Google Ads remarketing tag or Google Ads Global Site Tag on your landing page to use this feature. You can do this by going to
https://ads.google.com/aw/audiences/management/datasources and configuring the Google Ads Tag
1. Go to https://ads.google.com/aw/audiences/management and select your Google Ads account
2. Click the blue "+" in the top left and select "Website Visitors":
3. Fill out the settings as follows, replacing "yourdomain.com" with the domain of your ad landing page:
You can change the duration of membership on the list as required, up to 540 days. This is the length of time that user won't be able to see your ads for any more. You can also choose to pre-populate the list with existing data, or start a new list.
4. Navigate to the campaign you wish to run this blocking on within Google Ads.
5. Click exclusions in the secondary menu bar:
6. Click the blue "+" in the middle of the screen
7. Click "Browse" then select "How they have interacted with your business", then "Website Visitors"
8. Click the checkbox next to the exclusions list you create previously called "Block on single click", then click save. Now anyone who visits your ad once will be excluded from seeing it again
9. Repeat this on any other campaigns you wish to block users on after a single visit
The above steps should take no more than 5 minutes to complete and will result in much better performance than placing an IP block for these users. This is because this will block the specific users rather than their IPs. This means when you have hundreds of users behind a single IP (such as a mobile/cellular network), no legitimate users in your service area are also being blocked.
If you have any issues setting this up please feel free to contact our support team who will be happy to help.